POSITION TITLE: Community Fundraising Coordinator
PROGRAM: Fund Development
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35-hours per week, hybrid at home and in office
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for increasing community fundraising revenue.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Fund Development
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support third-party fundraising events, including responding and supporting community initiatives, attending and presenting at events, and ensuring a positive experience for the organizers and donors.
- Apply for AGLC licenses and coordinate raffles for third party community fundraising events.
- Organize charity casinos with the support of Human Resources, Projects.
- Work with CiviCRM to monitor and track campaign information and help third party fundraisers achieve their revenue targets.
- Meet with event organizations to share event resources.
- Track relationships in CiviCRM.
- Conduct tours of the Welcome Centre and Recovery College and introduce external groups to members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Work closely and regularly with Communications to provide community event organizers with CMHA Calgary promotional materials.
- Recognize and steward third party event organizers.
- Develop and implement a strategy for third party fundraising events and make recommendations to improve the experience for organizers and increase revenue.
- Other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams you support, your peers and community partners.
- An interest in lifelong learning along with empathy and insight.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, communications, event planning, or in a related field is considered an asset.
- Passion for CMHA Calgary’s mission and vision.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in administrative roles.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong administrative skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to interact within all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites, Zoom, Outlook and database systems.
- Awareness of mental health and addiction.
- Successful candidate must be able to travel to and from events and transport event materials.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Application closing date: Friday, February 10th, 2023.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.