POSITION TITLE: Curriculum Developer – Counselling Department
POSITION TYPE: Temporary, Full-time (6 month term)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Curriculum Developer is responsible for the design and development of psycho-educational materials for utilization in our Counselling Department. The Curriculum Developer will design learning that develops knowledge and skills around the grief process, and family support that assists individuals in helping to manage their own health, wellness, and resiliency.
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations - Community Mental Health and Wellness
- Participate as a member of the Counselling Department, and execute overall planning and implementation of programmatic content and curricular-based projects.
- Design and develop psycho-educational material for grief and loss, suicide bereavement and family support.
- Monitor curriculum effectiveness and improvement initiatives through data and feedback received from Counselling Team. Identify necessary content changes, tailor activities to involve a variety of group sizes, and create materials to meet the unique needs of targeted populations.
Research, Analysis and Documentation
- Continually review best practices and new findings in the fields of grief and loss, family support, mental health, resiliency, stress management, supportive skills, and suicide bereavement.
- Remain current with new policies, external training, community services, resources and legislation applicable to the mental health field.
- Document and summarize literature reviews, trends, and emerging evidence on trauma-informed principles, grief and loss research as well as family support initiatives.
Cross-Programmatic Collaboration and Co-Design
- Collaborate with the Counselling Team, Communications Designers, and other CMHA Curriculum Designers in the development of content and learning materials.
- Ongoing consultation and connections with various internal CMHA Calgary programs, including Recovery College, Peer Support, School of Peer Support, and other operational projects and initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a focus on education, public health, and/or curriculum development.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a curriculum developer, teacher, instructor, or group facilitator.
- Lived experience is an asset.
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to design and implement required deliverables in an effective and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of local mental health and/or addiction services and community agencies.
- Ability to research and create curriculum to meet community and population specific needs.
- Strong skills for virtual facilitation as well as in-person delivery, including knowledge surrounding the functions and operations of various online platforms, and adaptation of engagement activities.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, zoom, and the use of the internet.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, and computer-based communication styles.
- Determined, action oriented and committed to personal and organizational excellence.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, self-awareness, and self-management.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing community needs and emergent issues.
- Able to engage in active listening, and provide and accept constructive feedback.
- Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Approachable, accessible, and facilitates cooperation.
- Promotes the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine prior to the candidates’ start date.
Application Closing Date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.