POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
PROGRAM: Operations – Community Mental Health & Wellness
POSITION TYPE: 13 - month term (parental leave coverage), full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Assistant will provide confidential administrative support to members of the departments’ management team. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations – Community Mental Health & Wellness
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Act as a critical point of contact for matters referred to the Executive Leader, problem solving matters as appropriate.
- Time and Calendar Management for the Director and Leadership team including coordinating and scheduling all meeting requests (Agendas, prior meeting minutes, etc.).
- Minute taking, tracking action items and deliverables.
- Track all expenses for the Executive Leader and complete expense documentation.
- Approve timesheets, for all Program Managers reporting to the Executive Leader.
- Produces a variety of documents including confidential correspondence, letters, memos, meeting agendas, minutes and reports utilizing various word processing, data entry, spreadsheet, and software packages – including the creation of files, graphical images, tables, spreadsheets, and databases.
- To promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties, wherever applicable.
- Other duties as required.
- Acts as the point person for special events planning and coordination for internal and external events on an as needed basis.
- Work closely with departments’ project manager to build project documentation and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Liaise with internal teams to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field required. Diploma certification and work experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of five years’ related work experience, with demonstrated increased levels of responsibility.
- Experience working at an executive level preferred.
- Project management and project coordination skill sets and experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed.
- Strong PC skills and literacy with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Microsoft List, Planner and MS Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong ability to work well under time pressure, able to meet deadlines and proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to provide effective administrative support at a senior management level.
- Proven ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential/sensitive nature.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Please include in your cover letter reference #230505-01 Executive Assistant - Community Mental Health
Application closing date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com .