POSITION TITLE: Fund Development Coordinator
PROGRAM: Development and Communications
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week; Occasional evening and weekend work will be required throughout the calendar year.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will report into the Manager, Fund Development and support the Fund Development team’s fund development, research, writing and administrative functions. This individual must be detail oriented, relationship centric, and initiative and goal driven.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Fund Development
- Implement CMHA Calgary's annual fund development operational plan deliverables.
- Accountable for tracking donor relations including stewardship.
- Take initiative to research, identify and apply for fund development opportunities that are aligned with CMHA Calgary's mission, vision and values.
- Lead the third-party and community fundraising events, which would include responding and supporting organizer’s initiatives to ensure the highest-level experience and success.
- Represent CMHA Calgary at fundraising events throughout the year in a professional manner that fosters positive experiences with our donors through engagement and promotion of our programs.
- Handle AGLC raffle license applications and coordinating raffles both in-person and online for third party and community fundraising events.
- High level of organizational schedules, which would include scheduling, prioritizing, documentation and reporting.
- Experience working with data-based systems and reporting to support the achievement of fund development targets.
- Track event and external relationships (vendors, donors, sponsors, etc.) in CiviCRM.
- Comfortable connecting with external groups who may or may not have an existing relationship with CMHA Calgary.
- Work closely and regularly with Communications department to support fund development messaging and activities.
- Assist with identifying environmental trends, gathering data from target markets and bringing forward recommendations.
- Coordinate CMHA Calgary's major external events throughout the year.
- Onboard volunteers, schedule volunteers for community events and track hours in Volunteer Portal.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary Degree or College Diploma (Business Administration or Project Management).
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in fund development or events.
- Strong project management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Strong administrative skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to interact within all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer-based communication styles.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites, Zoom, Outlook and database systems (experience with Asana and Microsoft Teams would be considered an asset).
- Awareness of mental health and addiction.
- Ability to contribute positively to their team, workplace, environment and culture.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Action oriented and committed to excellence.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and self-management.
- Creative and visionary thinker.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to and from events.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Application closing date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.