POSITION TITLE: Gift Processing Coordinator
PROGRAM: Development & Communications
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for processing various types on donations received by CMHA Calgary. The Gift Processing Coordinator will also be responsible for issuing tax receipts, maintaining constituent records within CiviCRM database, reconcile and report of fundraising revenue as well as assist functions and projects for the Development & Communications, Finance, and the Strategy Grants and Performance departments.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Fund Development
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Enter all donations received by CMHA Calgary into the CiviCRM database, including cash, cheque, electronic fund transfers, and online donations.
- Ensure Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines and being followed for all charitable tax receipts issued.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of charitable tax receipts.
- Support the Finance Department with bank deposits, record searches, and client refund and adjustment calculations as required.
- File and manage documents related to trust, estate and planned gifts.
- Draft monthly tax receipting reports to be reviewed and signed off by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
- Prepare monthly donation reports as required.
- Support donation reconciliations for the Finance and Development teams and prepare reports from the CiviCRM database.
- Coordinate across the Development & Communications, Finance and Strategy, Grants and Performance departments assisting in annual revenue forecasting.
- Assist the Finance department with audit activities as required.
- Add and update constituent records ensuring all required information is recorded.
- Respond to inquiries by donors needing assistance with donations, updating credit card or banking information, tax receipts, removing from mailing list or other concerns.
- Prepare Benevity donation documents and complete importing into the CiviCRM database.
- Follow up with any tax receipting questions by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
- Communicate donor issues and concerns to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy and Stewardship.
- Prepare thank you letters and cards for donors, and ensure appropriate documentation is recorded in the CiviCRM database.
- Monthly review of recurring donations to ensure any failing transactions or expiring credit cards are updated through a coordinated approach with the Development & Communications team by contacting donors by phone, email and mail.
- Participate and support donor and community events and activities.
- Other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- To adhere to the definition and guiding principles of the Team Model.
- To promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties, wherever applicable.
- To participate as a responsible member of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Passion for CMHA Calgary’s mission and vision.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in data entry/gift processing.
- Strong attention to detail and data entry best practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to long-term relationship building with external stakeholders.
- High School Diploma.
- Training in Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic accounting training.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine prior to the candidates’ start date.
Application Closing Date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.