POSITION TITLE: Junior Accounting Analyst
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: The Junior Accounting Analyst is responsible for processing financial transactions such as accounts payable and accounts receivable. In addition, this position will provide other administrative support to the finance department.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that all invoices are reviewed, approved and processed with accuracy.
- Review and verify invoices are properly coded and authorized for payment.
- Arrange and distribute coded invoices for payment authorization.
- Enter all approved invoices into the financial system, attaching scanned documents to the transaction in the financial system.
- Print cheque runs as scheduled to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Distribute cheques to authorized bank signatories.
- Mail signed cheques to the vendors.
- Maintain vendor profile information including contact names, addresses, phone numbers and banking information in the financial system.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and reconciled to the financial system, following up on any outstanding invoices.
- Maintain filing of void, reversed, and deleted cheques.
- Assist with EFT payment processing and ensure that all payments are approved and released for payment in a timely manner.
- Receive invoice payments, process in the financial system, applying payment to the invoice.
- Prepare invoice payments and donations for deposit into the bank account.
- Receive and process counselling and housing fees.
- Record EFT donation receipts in GL.
- Reconcile fees for housing with occupancy reports.
- Coordinate with housing staff to calculate prorated first and last month housing fees and refunds and prepare cheque request for settlement.
- Prepare and generate invoice complete with coding as requested.
- Follow up with clients on any outstanding invoices and fees.
- Maintain invoice documentation and filing.
- Maintain customer profile in financial system.
- Assist with the gathering of financial documents for year end and the preparation of financial reports.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Accounting Certificate or Diploma.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and self-management.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
Application closing date: The posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.