POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Outreach and Supportive Living Apartments
PROGRAM: Operations – Housing, Outreach & Support Services
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Operations - Housing, Outreach and Support Services, this role is also responsible for contributing to the strategic planning related to existing and future programs.
This role will focus on leading a highly skilled group of staff providing guidance, mentorship, and supervision to Team Leads and all supporting staff in the Independent Living Support, Continuing Connections, and Supportive Living Apartments Programs to ensure smooth operation of these programs and procedures.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations – Housing, Outreach & Support Services
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels by modelling thoughtful, authentic, and adaptive leadership.
- Contribute to building a culture of collaboration through providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate role-model behaviors that encourages a safe and wellness-oriented culture that is diverse, inclusive, equitable, engaging, and supports the vision and mission of CMHA.
- Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence along with appropriate situational and conscious leadership skillsets.
- Provide supervision, guidance, support, and mentorship to the Team Leads of each program as well as to frontline staff as needed to ensure smooth running of the day-to-day operations within the respective teams.
Independent Living Support, Continuing Connections, Supportive Living Apartments:
- Ensure adherence to CMHA Calgary Program Policies and Procedures within the assigned Programs.
- Ensure ongoing Program development, evaluation, planning and implementation.
- Participate in contract discussions as needed along with financial management of the Programs through budget preparation and monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with AHS counterparts and external stakeholders to support service delivery of programs.
- Consult on client and program related issues and facilitate appropriate resolutions.
- Ensure that all clients receive adequate support and services as outlined in the Service Delivery Model.
- Ensure appropriate levels of staffing are available to meet client needs and participates in the recruitment of new program staff.
- Conduct ongoing consultations with various internal CMHA-Calgary stakeholders to support CMHA-Calgary programs, strategic planning, and operational oversight.
- Create and manage project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements for the Agency.
- Facilitate, as needed, day-to-day operational aspects of a project to ensure completion of the project within determined timelines.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet project goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues, and risks to the Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with staff within the Agency and provide regular project status updates through established communication strategies.
- In collaboration, develop effective evaluation of project objectives and goals.
- Provides on call support to teams during afterhours/weekends.
- Remain current with new policies, training, services, resources, and legislation applicable to the mental health community.
- Identify and support quality improvement initiatives through use of data, observation, and feedback received from staff and clients.
- Attend Senior Leadership Meetings/ provide departmental support as required.
- Graduate Degree in a human services field. Consideration will be given for Bachelor's level with extensive professional experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a program management role in social service. Non-profit experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of local mental health and/or addiction systems and community resources.
- Excellent project management, scheduling, budgeting, and process mapping skills.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to a high performing team through effective collaboration, coaching, and mentoring.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage teams, inspire others, as well as interact effectively with peers and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Commitment to the highest standard of integrity and professional conduct.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly refocus priorities.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet.
- Exceptional skills in working with large system operations and organizations.
- Clinical understanding with good working knowledge of DSM – V diagnoses would be an asset.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a thorough list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Please include in your cover letter reference #230817. This posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.