POSITION TITLE: Team Lead, Supportive Living
PROGRAM: Operations – Supportive Living (Group Homes)
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Part-time
HOURS OF WORK: 30 hours per week (Thursday to Saturday: 7am to 5pm)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Team Lead plays a crucial role, providing information and support as individuals (adults) embark on their recovery journey. The Team Lead delivers and excellence in standard of care, while providing positive, compassionate service and problem-solving skills to help coach staff as they support our clients.
REPORTS TO: Program Manager – Post Discharge Transition & Supportive Living Group Homes
KEY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coaching, supporting and supervision of staff.
- Utilizing a team approach, guide staff with program objectives, expectations and interventions.
- Responding to emergency situations, deescalating situations, problem solving, and connecting with various stakeholders as needed, etc.
- Liaising and working within the direction of the clinical team to support the needs of the clients.
- To liaise with community partners on a regular basis, to ensure collaborative efforts in assisting clients to meet their personal goals.
- Using a client centered, trauma informed approach to support clients on their recovery journey.
- Actively engaged in ongoing research on areas relevant to recovery framework with respect to suicide supports, trauma informed work, and mental health conditions and addictions.
- Providing hands-on support to teach clients daily living skills (cooking, budgeting, cleaning, time management etc.).
- Responsible for administrative tasks.
- Purchasing of essential items for the group homes.
- Deliver back up support to program as needed.
- Providing on call support which may include coming in on weekday/weekends when relief coverage cannot be found.
- Managing day to day incidents as they arise and reporting critical incidents as necessary.
- Utilizing case management principles to maintain knowledge of the clients in the group homes.
- Facilitation of skill-building groups.
- Other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Work collaboratively with team members in the development of new, innovative services within the Supportive Living (Group Homes) program.
- Adhere to the definition and guiding principles of the Team Model.
- Promote the principles of diversity and equity in all work-related duties, wherever applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Psychology or Human Service or relevant diploma level with five (5) years’ experience.
- You have worked in the mental health field for over five (5) years and have a deep commitment to and understanding of the recovery model.
- You demonstrate deep respect not only for clients but for the teams you support, your peers and community partners.
- Must be able to be on call on a rotational basis with other Team Leads.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates.
- ASIST training is considered an asset.
- Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Recognizes and adheres to professional boundaries.
- Approachable, accessible and facilitates cooperation.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Able to engage in active listening and provide/accept constructive feedback.
- Is able to represent self and the agency in a professional manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a thorough list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement and a condition of employment. Offers of employment will be conditional upon proof of full immunization against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine, prior to the candidates’ start date.
Please include in your cover letter reference #231109-02. This posting will remain active on the website until the position is filled.
Candidates meeting the above criteria who wish to apply for this exciting opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.