POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Assistant
JOB STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time. Possibility of becoming permanent. Duration: Six (6) months.
HOURS OF WORK: 21-hour work week (additional work may be required). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
JOB SUMMARY: This position will support the community engagement team’s fund development, research, writing and administrative tasks. This individual will be able to take initiative and pursue fund development opportunities. It will also require supporting community awareness activities.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Take initiative to research, identify and apply for fund development opportunities that are
aligned with CMHA Calgary’s mission, vision and values.
- Experience working with data based systems and reporting to support fund development.
- Support third party fund development activities with community and corporate groups.
- Comfortable connecting with external groups who may or may not have an existing relationship with CMHA Calgary.
- Work closely and regularly with Communications department to support fund development messaging and activities.
- Assist with identifying trends, gathering data from target market and bring forward recommendations.
- Administrative support to update information and assist Director of Community Engagement.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary Degree or College Diploma (Business Administration or Marketing
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
- Strong project management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to interact within all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer based communication styles.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites, Zoom, Outlook and database systems.
- Awareness of mental health and addiction.
- Ability to contribute positively to their environment and culture.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Determined, action oriented, and committed to excellence.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and self-management.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Qualified applicants should click on the “Apply Now” button below or submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. While we appreciate all the submitted applications, we will only contact the candidates considered for this position.
We will post this position until it is filled.