Position Title: Director, Finance and Corporate Services
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Finance and Corporate Services is responsible for the overall financial management and corporate administration of CMHA Calgary. This position oversees finance, accounting, facilities management, occupational health and safety, technology (IT, cybersecurity), privacy, and capital asset management.
• Design and oversee core business services and innovative projects.
• Actively builds trusting relationships with others.
• Provide leadership by leading by example, coaching, and mentoring their team.
• Wellness-oriented senior leader that role-models health and safety in the workplace.
• Display strong emotional intelligence along with appropriate situational and conscious leadership skillsets. Inspire co-workers to attain strategic goals and pursue excellence.
• Strive for continuous professional and personal development.
• Demonstrate a “can do” positive attitude.
• Participate as a member of the executive leadership team in the overall strategic and operational planning and management of the Agency.
• Provide effective leadership and project management to achieve strategic and operational plan goals and deliverables.
• Organize and assess workload, communicate proactively when time frame conflicts and risks exist, and deliver on time/as requested.
• Ensure that the performance management process is focused on the individual’s growth and is goal oriented.
• Ensure succession planning processes and documentation are in place for areas of responsibility and supervision.
Financial Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting
• Develop and oversee CMHA Calgary’s financial strategy, including investment and revenue generation, increasing revenue for the organization year over year.
• Build and maintain a variety of financial models that tracks cost/benefit/ROI analysis.
• Oversee the preparation of all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board of Directors, Finance and Audit Committee and the external auditors, as necessary.
• Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecast in accordance with policy.
• Assist the Executive Director and Finance and Audit Committee with financial reporting as required at board meetings and the annual general meetings.
• Assist program directors and program managers with the preparation of budgets and funding applications.
• Develop a financial delegation of authority matrix for Directors and Managers.
• Develop and oversee the effective communication of timely and accurate financial statements and report back in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting vs. budget with leadership team, and advice on improvement.
• Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Finance and Audit Committee as appropriate.
• Participate in strategic planning and annual operations/implementation planning.
• Prepare annual charitable return in a timely manner as appropriate.
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures, and sound internal control.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
Facilities and Capital Asset Management
• Develop and maintain an effective collaborative housing strategy.
• Oversees short-term/long-term planning of facilities including inventory, assessment, acquisition, allocation, development, and implementation.
• Ensure main office, group home property management and housing strategy is managed responsibly through tracking and analyzing facilities data.
• Develop and oversee capital maintenance plans for owned assets.
Health & Safety and Risk Management
• Collaborate with Human Resources and provide leadership to the Manager, OHS and Corporate Services to ensure the efficient day-to-day running of Health & Safety.
• Develop and monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized.
• Advise the organisation’s leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization at the Board of Directors.
• Oversee the management of all leases, contracts, and other financial commitments.
• Monitor all legislation and regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
Technology and Privacy
• Oversee the Information Technology and Cybersecurity function by providing direction and coordination to organization-wide technology planning and utilization.
• Align and prioritize IT goals and projects with organizational objectives and strategies.
• Ensure a secure IT infrastructure for the effective delivery of IT services across the organization without interruptions.
• As CMHA’s Privacy Officer, maintain confidentiality of all client information in accordance with appropriate legislation, including Health Information Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) or other relevant accreditations.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a non-profit leadership role overseeing finance, administration, and corporate services.
• Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with people.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Commitment to the highest standard of integrity and professional conduct.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a mental health setting is preferred.
• Working knowledge of GAAP, audits, and other regulatory requirements in the financial field.
• Knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer-based communication styles.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to design and implement processes.
Application Closing Date: April 30, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants should click on the “Apply Now” button below or submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.