Want to share your story of recovery? Would you like to help others with your experience?
We are always searching for individuals and family members from diverse backgrounds to be a part of our peer support movement. Begin by attending CMHA Calgary Region Peer School. You can learn to use your lived experience with mental health and/or addiction issues to support your community and make a difference.
We provide 70 hours of free training, 50 hours of paid internship and opportunity to connect to the Peer Supporter Community of Practice.
Peer support helps us improve the lives of people living with mental health and/or addiction issues and we truly appreciate the dedication of those looking to be a part of this movement. Those interested in peer support can use their newly gained skills to support others one-on-one, through groups or as ambassadors and educators.
- You will have lived experience of being on a personal recovery journey or experience in supporting a family or loved one.
- Comfort level sharing your story of recovery with others;
- Availability to complete 70 hours of training and a 50 hour internship over five months;
- Familiarity with peer support and have a deep commitment and understanding of the recovery model.
Please submit a cover letter and/or write an essay along with providing your resume explaining to us why you may be a good fit to email@example.com. If your application is successful, a police check and reference checks will be conducted (a history of charges will not in most cases exclude you), and you will be invited to an interview which will be led by fellow individual or family peers).
Peer School – Individual and Family Peer Training and Internship. Please review the attached PDF for more information.
We are in the midst of our current peer school from October to April 2019. Applications received after August 23, 2018 will be considered for next possible peer school 2019 Fall date to be confirmed. In the interim, we encourage you to register and attend our Recovery College Courses or participate in our weekly drop-in groups.
- Successful Candidates will be contacted for Interviews. We will be interviewing for approximately 20 spots.
- Five month commitment for orientation and training is a minimum of once a week for 3 hours per day/evening to a maximum of 3 full days.
- Target Date for Interviews mid August 2019 for October 2019 Peer School.
Thank you for your interest and while we appreciate all the submitted applications, we will only contact the candidates considered for this opportunity.