Independent Living Support
The Independent Living Support program (ILS) supports clients to live independently in the community by providing: emotional support and encouragement; life skills coaching in areas such as budgeting, nutrition, self-care and wellness; referrals for professional, community, and social supports and resources; education and awareness around mental health illness; and coaching the development of strong coping skills to manage their mental health illness and their recovery.
Download and print our Independent Living Support brochure.
Services are offered at various mental health clinics and throughout the community. ILS services include:
- Assistance in finding suitable accommodations and furnishings;
- Building of daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and shopping;
- Establishment of support networks such as friends, family, support groups, etc.;
- Assistance in the development of household and daily routines;
- Connection with various community resources;
- Referral to skill-building groups and workshops;
- Social and recreational opportunities.
To become a client of the ILS program individuals must have a mental health diagnosis, ideally have clinical support and/or psychiatric/medical care in place, show a demonstrated need for ILS services to live independently, and possess a willingness to work on personal recovery goals.
A referral can be received from any professional or can be a self-referral. The client must consent to the referral in all cases.
We are currently updating our referral forms. Please check back for future updates or contact 403-297-1700.
Money Matters Financial Education
Money Matters is an informative 7-week program in partnership with Momentum and CMHA that will provide you with tools to better manage and understand your finances. We are currently updating our intake forms. Please check back for future updates or contact 403-297-1700.
This free 8-week workshop is designed to help participants learn new skills and understand more about issues that impact their mental health. Skills For Life Topics include:
- Self Awareness & Mindfulness
- Enhancing Self-Esteem
- Effective Communications
- Personal Boundaries & Self Advocacy
- Problem Solving
- Stress Management
We are currently updating our intake forms. Please check back for future updates or contact 403-297-1700.
For more information about Independent Living Support programs, call (403) 297-1700.