Position Title: Director, Strategy, Grants and Performance
Location: Calgary, AB
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Position Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Strategy, Grants and Performance is responsible for the oversight of strategic planning, grant strategy and execution, organizational performance, business intelligence and analytics, and Social Return on Investment (SROI) impact analysis and reporting.
• Design and oversee core business services and innovative projects.
• Actively builds trusting relationships with others.
• Provide leadership by leading by example, coaching, and mentoring their team.
• Wellness-oriented senior leader that role-models health and safety in the workplace.
• Display strong emotional intelligence along with appropriate situational and conscious leadership skillsets. Inspire co-workers to attain strategic goals and pursue excellence.
• Strive for continuous professional and personal development.
• Demonstrate a “can do” positive attitude.
• Participate as a member of the executive leadership team in the overall strategic and operational planning and management of the Agency.
• Provide effective leadership and project management to achieve strategic and operational plan goals and deliverables.
• Organize and assess workload, communicate proactively when time frame conflicts and risks exist, and deliver on time/as requested.
• Ensure that the performance management process is focused on the individual’s growth and is goal oriented.
• Ensure succession planning processes and documentation are in place for areas of responsibility and supervision.
• Engage and collaborate with the Executive Director and Executive Leadership Team to shape a comprehensive strategic planning process for the organization building on analytics, research, business intelligence, stakeholder engagement and SROI indicators.
• Provides leadership, and direction for the organization on strategic planning processes.
• Leads and facilitates the development of strategic plans including the development strategic directions, action plans and initiatives, and performance measures including SROI impact indicators.
• Works with the Executive Director to engage Board Members in the Strategic Planning process.
Grants Strategy and Execution
• Provide leadership and support in the development and implementation of an effective and innovative grants application and reporting strategy that results in increased revenue for the organization year over year.
• Provide leadership to Identify and pursue new grant funders in alignment with strategic direction, core services and innovative projects.
• Accountable for the successful execution of the grant strategy.
Outcome Evaluation and SROI
• Lead the development and implementation of Social Return on Investment metrics and reporting.
• Lead implementation of outcome and impact measurement and reporting to support quality client services/programs of the Agency (i.e. Recovery Assessment Tool, Client Experience Surveys, etc.).
• Ensure program evaluation systems (including program outcomes) and statistical reporting systems are reviewed and revised to meet requirements of both the funders and the Agency.
• Utilize analytical tools, data and business intelligence analysis and principals (i.e. monitor environmental and population trends, and population profiles) to improve strategic decision making and provide the organization with a competitive advantage in our programming while promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Provide oversight for all research initiatives between internal and external stakeholders with a clear mandate in informing strategic and innovative decision making for the organization on programming and increasing revenue streams year over year.
• Develop, monitor, and report on organizational performance measures and indicators.
• Accountable for leading, overseeing, and for the successful completion of accreditation processes including reporting for the organization.
• Support across-agency effectiveness and outcomes to achieve operational excellence by leading integrated efforts (i.e. system integration, evaluation, reporting, etc.) in collaboration with operations and client services.
• Ensure processes are in place to appropriately and effectively link CMHA information systems (i.e. fund development, finance, marketing, website, etc.) and mitigate issues wherever possible.
• Identify, support and report on quality improvement initiatives and outcomes for all program areas in coordination with CMHA client services and operations. Ensure appropriate across-agency training is developed and implemented related to data collection and outcomes.
• Maintain confidentiality of all client information in accordance with appropriate legislation, including Health Information Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, in collaboration with CMHA’s Privacy Officer.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management. Master’s degree preferred.
• Education and strong demonstrated ability and skillsets in project management.
• Education and demonstrated ability in developing and utilizing information systems, business intelligence principals, analytics and setting research objectives.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior leadership role overseeing strategic planning, reporting organizational performance and impact.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior leadership role overseeing business intelligence, analytics, research and organizational performance.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in a mental health setting is preferred.
• Experience leading and managing organization wide accreditation projects.
• Experience with design and implementation of administering data collection systems.
• Experience with research design and data analysis an asset.
• Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with people.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Commitment to the highest standard of integrity and professional conduct.
• Experience with quality improvement and auditing is an asset.
• Strong project management and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated competence in verbal, written and computer-based communication styles.
• Ability to design and implement quality improvement processes.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, infographic software, survey tools, and database systems.
Application Closing Date: April 30, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants should click on the “Apply Now” button below or submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.