On Thursday, May 6, 2021, Canadian Mental Health Association – Calgary Region hosted Community, Resiliency, and Recovery: A Mental Health Week Conversation.
Sara Jordan (Executive Director, CMHA Calgary), Curtis Stange (President and CEO, ATB Financial), and Shannon Doram (President and CEO, YMCA Calgary) shared their learnings from the past year, while discussing mental, physical, and workplace wellness and how mental health services are key to society’s recovery.
For those unable to attend, here is the replay.
In addition, we had fantastic suggestions from our attendees about what they do for self-care to improve their mental wellness, including:
- Take stock of your nutrition, exercise and sleep
- Delete social media apps on devices
- Drink plenty of water
- Use on old school alarm clock, not your phone
- Play with LEGO
- Complete acts of service
- Take a long walk outside
- Journaling in the morning to get rid of sub-conscious thoughts
- Practice gratitude
- Connect with online faith communities
- Create a “Ta-da” list – things that you’ve accomplished!
- Write down 3 things you are grateful for
- FaceTime loved ones
- Listen to relaxing music
- Restorative yoga
- Stop multitasking
- Creating art
- Checking in HALT (Am I just Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired?
- Go Cross-country skiing
15five: Bring out the best in your people. Complete solutions to develop effective managers, highly engaged employees, and top performing organizations.
There’s a Name for the Blah You’re Feeling: It’s Called Languishing: by Adam Grant, published in the New York Times.